Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Semester 3.2

I am grateful for this: I have more time - and not just to do homework, but for my family. Gratefully, it's slow enough at work that I can slip a good portion of my homework into the cracks of time at my day job.
This has been a big help, too: On our first day of Psychology our instructor gave us two chapters to read. That doesn't seem like a big deal until you consider that the book is available online, which means I can only read it if I'm in front of a computer. Also, they are massive! The first two chapters consisted of 115 pages... and that was AFTER I copy/pasted it over into a Word document. It took me at least 2 hours to get through that first chapter on my first Saturday. But in my reading I discovered that a review for the book was available as an audio book for only $10. I quickly made the purchase and it has been a life-saver ever since. It takes me 40 minutes to drive to work in the morning, and then again at the end of my day. That's 1 hour and 20 minutes of listen-study I'm able to do each day. It has helped me tremendously.
So, at the end of my day, after being brain-fried by work and school I am able to come home and let it all sink in as I play with my family. And that was something I have not been able to do at all for the past 2 semesters!

We just learned at last night's class that next week is the halfway-midterm point. We will be having our midterm test next week in Psychology. It will cover chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9. Wow... that's a lot of listening. Last night we talked about long term and short term memory. Time to see what I've still retained!
For Digital Imaging it looks like our 2nd assignment, the T-Shirt assignment, will be our midterm there. I worked hard on my draft only to find out that the instructor thought it was too much. Wow... Back to the drawing board, of course, but now I'll be deleting instead of adding. Like my mom says, "It's always easier to pull back than to add in." Of course, that's in reference to trying to pull a performance out of an actor. On the 'drawing board,' as it were, it does translate differently.

We'll see how I do next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment