Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Semester 7.2

The next story didn't seem like much, but that's why it was such a miracle.

We were given three weeks but I wanted to jump on it early. The Final assignment in the 3D class was to create outside and inside signs for a convention at a local expo center. I had lots of ideas and I was hoping to encorporate them all.

At the next class period, our regular instructor was again off on business. The same substitute again 'graced' our class with his foul attitude and snide, mockery-remarks, I did manage to take one helpful piece of advice away from his critique, although I did unfortunately lose my cool over one of the really dumb remarks from one of the other students. In the end I not only felt bad for loosing my cool but I decided to 'make amends' by finding a comprimise with their suggestion and applying it to the final design.

For the past 1.75 years I've been going to school there have seemed to be no end to really, really bad and/or dumb critiques launched at me and others during the "helpful" critique time. I've even seen some obvious stuff simply looked over (one particular scenario in the 3D Design class is too embaressing to even mention here), for whatever reason I don't know. I have been at my wit's end over many of the critiques and have had my limit passed. I do not find it fair that I take my frustrations home with me, to relate the sad tales to my poor wife who doesn't need to hear my complaints.
So, when I received yet another dumb (and often times hypocritical) critique I couldn't let 'dumb just slide.' So, part of me is glad I spoke up (although a bit verbally stronger than required) and part of me is not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment