Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Semester 8 & 9.10

The miracle came with the preparation I didn't know I already had. It turned out the Life Drawing lab had been mentally preparing me the whole time for being able to take that third class. As I am now halfway through this semester, I can tell how taking the 3 classes has worked out so far. First, all of my classes are on the same day, Wednesday. So, I only travel to school once and that helps cut down on gas bills. Also, the semester before I was missing some hours to get to school. As a result, I was not getting full time hours even though I was working extra hours to make up for the loss of time. So, having all classes on the same day has given me the opportunity to get all of my hours in (10 hour days) and make more money than the semester before. Another big miracle has been the homework load. That was my biggest concern regarding taking a third class, since my time consisted of being at work, being at school, or doing homework. I didn't have any free time, at all. As previously said, I was taking time off from work, karate class, and church to finish my homework. This semester I'm taking 2 general classes that are taught by the same instructor. He is so laid back he really works with us to help us get our work done, including time in class to work on assignments. Also, I've been working hard this semester to jump on assignments early. Usually, my presentations are so big I'd been going all out to include as much as I could. While they ended up fantastic, it did take a lot of time to get ready. At the end of last semester's Marketing Design class I felt like Peter Jackson, working on the assignment right up to when I was to present it. So, trying to avoid that, I've been working to pace myself and also start as early as possible. We just past midterm and so far, so good. Not only have I been able to spend time with my family but I've managed to take Quinny almost to every karate class this semester, which he enjoys thoroughly. It's our daddy-son time together and gives my wife a chance to breathe each week. Here's hoping we can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment