Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Semester 8 & 9.4

The other class was Environmental Design, which was taught by the influential teacher who taught the Copywriting class. I originally dreaded the stress of similar, previous classes with 3 super-tough assignments. But she might have been paying attention to what some of the students were saying and other teachers were doing because we only had 2. Although, thinking back now, that doesn't remotely compare with the dozen or so mini-projects that made up the one big project I had to do for both Corporate Identity and Media Design in the same semester.

Our first assignment was to rebrand an existing local company. I chose a local farm in the middle of a big city that is a tourist attraction. With my previous photography class, this was an excellent excuse to go to the location and take my own pictures. To this day, I am still amazed how each class builds on each other, even when last night my last class' instructor told me to my face that it's supposed to work that way. I guess it's still a relief.

That project wasn't so bad, comparing. I drew dozens of mini-icons/mascots for the updated map of the location. In the end the hardest part was the layout, which my instructor was kind enough to walk me through, step by step.

I got to do a big presentation at the end and once more she told me that I had a knack for it. As she did in the Copywriting class, she reiterated that if people could learn to do sales they could make a lot of money.
It wasn't until the end of this last semester I finally realized what she was saying: with my 25 years of theater I'm good at doing presentations. I also enjoy it.

The big thing about that class was I finally, after 2 years of schooling, got my displays mounted on the hallway's walls for the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment