Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Semester 8 & 9.5

The second assignment was to do a diarama; a 3D box of something with a message or design that could be hung on a wall as a decoration.
My first thought was to make the arena of the Tournament but I didn't like what direction my mind was taking me. After talking to the instructor she said something to stimilate my creativity. I then came up with the idea of recreating one of my mom's stage production pieces from a photograph. I wanted the mini-3D stage to look exactly like the picture but have all of the people/characters pop out and overlap each other.
I then had the extra idea to give it my mom as a Christmas present.

The first step was to ask my mom for a large photograph of her favorite show. I was not surprised when she provided me with a photo from her own, "Beauty and the Price," which is her musical theater take on the story of "Sleeping Beauty."
I was hoping she would have something from "Beauty and the Beast," as it was her last big community theater show. I was hoping my diarama would be a trophy/reminder of all of her many years of doing such big, fantastic shows. I guess it only makes sense that the subject would be her favorite instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment