Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Semester 8 & 9.7

I gave it to my mom at Christmas during our family's big Christmas party. We had just gone through the whole tradition of making gingerbread houses, Christmas program, and opening presents. My parents have been giving us items for our Emergency Prepardness for the last several years. So, this year we have been working to add to the lists.

We were preparing to leave so I smuggled it downstairs and worked to take it out of it's concealing garbage bag. I quickly took some photos for my portfolio before I gave it her and never saw it again. I took it back upstairs and turned its back away from her. I then went and got her, bringing her into the back room. I picked it up with my back to her and turned it around to show it to her. Her eyes didn't blink at all as she tried to register what she was looking at. Once I handed it to her and did some quick simple explaining she ran off like a, well, a kid at Christmas with a new toy. In very fact, she way. I heard her calling to everyone in the front room, "Look what Kerry made for me!" I didn't see her again after that so I had to hunt her down and explain how the lights worked and show her the comparison between the original photo and the finished piece like I did in class.
I wish I had my camera just for the expression on her face. It was priceless.

When I painted a picture to commemorate of my dad for his seminary experiences he fought to supress some tears. My mom's reaction was sheer excitement. On a scale of emotional reaction, I'd consider that a Home Run. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment